An armed intruder was arrested in the grounds of Windsor Castle on Saturday. He is said to have previously announced the planned murder of the Queen in a video.

In the video available to the British newspaper “The Sun”, the intruder speaks about his plan.

That's what it's about

  • On Saturday morning a man tried to break into Queen Elizabeth's private quarters at Windsor Castle.

  • Thanks to that The 19-year-old was stopped by the security system and was then arrested by the police.

  • Now a video emerged from the British newspaper “The Sun” in which the intruder shows himself armed with a crossbow and announces his terrible plan.

  • He intended to killing the Queen for revenge for discrimination and racism and an historic event.

Big shock for the British royals at Christmas: On Saturday, the police arrested an armed intruder on the grounds of Windsor Castle. The 19-year-old had gained access to Queen Elizabeth's residence, according to the officials, he had not been able to enter any building on the castle grounds.

The monarch, who normally spends the holidays at her country estate Sandringham in the east of England, stayed at Windsor Castle this year due to corona. The 95-year-old was never in danger, but the incident could have had dramatic consequences.

Amritsar massacre as a motive

According to “The Sun”, the burglar not only had a weapon with him, he had also announced in advance in a video what he was actually planning to do behind the palace walls – namely the murder of Queen Elizabeth. In the recording he sent to a friend, he announced, crossbow in hand, “I am sorry for what I have done and what I will do. I'll try to assassinate Elizabeth the Queen. ”

As a motive, the man cited not only revenge for discrimination and racism, but also a historic event: the Amritsar massacre in 1919. At that time, British troops opened fire on demonstrators in the Indian city of Amritsar, and there were hundreds killed. India used to be a British colony. “This is revenge for those who died in the 1919 Jallianwala Bagh massacre,” he clarified in a distorted voice.

Are you or is someone you know affected by sexual, domestic, psychological or other violence?

Here you can find help :

Police by canton

Online victim counseling

Counseling centers of victim support Switzerland

Women's counseling on sexual violence

Lilli. ch, online advice for young people

Women's shelters in Switzerland and Liechtenstein

Zwüschehalt, shelters for men

Agredis, advice on violence from man to man, Tel. 078 744 88 88

LGBT + Helpline, Tel. 0800 133 133

Offered hand, worry hotline, Tel. 143

Pro Juventute, advice for children and young people, Tel. 147

Despite the danger, there was a family visit

The British police said they were checking the clip which the newspaper «The Sun» published on Monday. Buckingham Palace did not want to comment on the incident.

Despite the event, heir to the throne Prince Charles (73) and his wife Duchess Camilla (74) as well as the Queen's youngest son Prince Edward (57) with his wife Sophie (56) and their two children visited the first On Christmas Day a church service on the grounds of the residence.

My 20 Minuten

As a member you become part of the 20-Minuten community and benefit from great benefits and exclusive competitions every day!

(DPA)

Your opinion

By Teresa Tapmleton

Teresa Tampleton has been a reporter on the news desk since 2018. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Nizh TEkegram, Teresa Tampleton worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teresa@ntelegram.com 1-800-268-7341

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *