If you charge your cell phone overnight and fall asleep on your pillow, you live dangerously. This is shown in a post on Facebook.

This picture was shared by a children's organization from Australia.

That's why you should have your Do not charge your cell phone in bed

This warns you not to charge cell phones in bed.

 That's why you should not your mobile phone in bed recharge

Because if the phone heats up, it can get sticky.

That's what

  • Falling asleep in bed with your cell phone is not a good idea.

  • Especially when it is attached to a charging cable.

  • Because the cell phone or the cable can get very hot.

  • That shows a Facebook post from Australia.

Many smartphone owners charge their cell phones overnight. According to battery expert Kerstin Sann-Ferro from the Association of Electrical, Electronics and Information Technology, that alone does not pose a risk to safety. It becomes more problematic if the mobile phone is not on the bedside table while charging, but in bed or even under the pillow.

A Facebook post from CPR Kids in Australia shows that this can be extremely dangerous . In it, the organization that works for the safety and health of children shared pictures showing a scorched sheet and an Apple charger. «Did your children get a tablet or a cell phone for Christmas? Then make sure that you never charge them in bed », it says in the post.

Beware of cheap cables

Rather, the organization advises charging smartphones on a flat surface far away from flammable materials such as pillows, sheets or mattresses. In addition, you should always make sure that there are no foreign objects in the charging socket or on the charging cable. You should also refrain from using inexpensive charging cables that do not come directly from the smartphone manufacturer.

The charging cables should always be in good condition. As can be seen in the pictures of CPR Kids, damaged or kinked cables can lead to problems. This can lead to electric shocks or even fires. So if you notice that a cable is damaged, it should be replaced immediately and not attempted to repair it with home remedies.

Not the first case

The post is very popular on Facebook. More than 250 people have left comments below. One of these comments reads: “I once charged my cell phone on a book on my desk. The cell phone heated up so much that the book started to burn. The awful smell brought it to our attention. Luckily we didn't sleep. »

This is not the first time that a cell phone has become very hot in a bed and a fire has broken out. In 2016, a New York police station reported on Twitter a case where the cell phone burned itself into a pillow. At that time, too, the battery had heated up a lot.

Digital-Push

If you subscribe to the Digital-Push, you will be informed about news and rumors from the world of Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram, Samsung, Apple and Co. You will also be the first to receive warnings about viruses, Trojans, phishing attacks and ransomware. There are also tricks to get more out of your digital devices.

How it works: Install the latest version of the 20-minute app. At the bottom right, tap on «Cockpit», then «Settings» and finally on «Push notifications». Under “Topics”, tap “Digital” – et voilà!

My 20 Minuten

As a member, you become part of the 20-Minuten community and benefit from great benefits and exclusive competitions every day!

Your opinion

By Teresa Tapmleton

Teresa Tampleton has been a reporter on the news desk since 2018. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Nizh TEkegram, Teresa Tampleton worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teresa@ntelegram.com 1-800-268-7341

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.