Latest “Star Wars” Expands Box Office Empire
The latest installment in the interplanetary “Star Wars” saga, “The Rise of Skywalker”, has extended its empire to the North American box office, which it dominates for the second consecutive week, according to final published figures Monday by the specialized company Exhibitor Relations.
Already the author of a very good start, the feature film, which closes the 42-year-old franchise, still garnered $ 72.4 million from Friday to Sunday in the cinemas of the United States and Canada. This brings its regional revenues to $ 363 million in total since its release.
During this holiday season, it is ahead of two films for children: Jumanji: the next level and Frozen 2 .
The adventure film, which features young people propelled into a video game, raised $ 35.3 million for its third weekend of operation.
Released him a month and a half ago, the Disney animated film is close behind, with $ 16.9 million in three days, by The four daughters of doctor March .
This new adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s novel, notably with Emma Watson and Meryl Streep, raised $ 16.8 million for its launch.
Another novelty points, with $ 13.4 million in revenue, to fifth place in the North American box office: the animated film by Fox Spies Incognito , in which a spy and a scientist join forces to try to save the world.
Here’s the rest of the top 10:
6. At loggerheads : $ 9.9 million this weekend (total $ 110.3 million since its release five weeks ago);
7. Uncut Gems : $ 9.6 million ($ 21 million in three weeks);
8. Cats : $ 4.8 million ($ 17.8 million in two weeks);
9. Scandal : $ 4.8 million ($ 15.8 million in three weeks);
10. The Richard Jewell case : $ 3.1 million ($ 16.1 million in three weeks).