The president of the Association of Industrialists, Carlos M. Rodríguez, will lead the discussion that will take place virtually on October 1 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Archive)
Next Thursday, October 1, the Puerto Rico Industrial Association (AIPR) will present all the candidates for governor in its traditional discussion, which this year also includes all the candidates for the Resident Police Station in Washington.
In a press release, the president of the Industrial Association, Carlos M. Rodríguez, explained that this activity will be presented within the framework of Manufacturing Month , a celebration that occurs throughout the United States and in other countries, where the importance of manufacturing is highlighted as a vital sector of the economy and job creation. The discussion will be held from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
On this occasion, under the slogan Together and in Action for Puerto Rico, participants will have the opportunity to see aspiring governors and the Resident Police Station discuss their economic development proposals focused on the promotion and development of manufacturing and related services.
Representatives from eight industrial sectors will accompany the President of the AIPR and its Executive Vice President Yandia Pérez, presenting specific questions of importance for each sector. The panel will be moderated by journalist Rafael Lenín López, news director of WAPA TV.
The sectors that will be represented in the question panel are:
- Manufacturing will be moderated by Félix Negrón, vice president and operations manager of Medtronic Puerto Rico;
- Construction , by Waleska Rivera, CEO of Danosa;
- Medical Devices , lead by Iliette Frontera, Vice President of Operations for Boston Scientific;
- Telecommunications , led by Enrique Ortiz de Montellanos, president & CEO of Claro Puerto Rico;
- Humando Resources and Jobs , led by Ivonna Pacheco, senior vice president of Human Resource Services and New Business at MSSS, Inc .;
- Energy Sector , led by Ramón González, president of Empire Gas Co .;
- Health Services , led by Marileny Lugo, CEO MC-21 LLC .;
- Medical plans , led by Roberto Pando, MCS president.
The activity produced by Management Events will be transmitted through an innovative platform free of cost for members. To access the platform, they should look for the page of the Industrial Association www.industrialespr.org. They must register prior to the event. For any question you can contact the Industrial Association at (787) 641-4455.