Image taken during the recent debate of the candidates for the governorship of Puerto Rico broadcast by Wapa. From the left, Eliezer Molina, Alexandra Lúgaro, César Vázquez and Charlie Delgado Altieri. (David Villafane / Staff)
In what constitutes the highlight of the El Nuevo Día Survey , almost a month before the November 3 elections, the candidate for the New Progressive Party (PNP), Pedro Pierluisi, and his opponent from the Popular Democratic Party (PPD , Carlos “Charlie” Delgado Altieri, are tied in the race for governor.
This is clear from the political survey that El Nuevo Día has carried out for more than 30 years to measure the feelings of Puerto Rican voters as the general elections approach and that since November 2018 has been published for the first time for subscribers of elnuevodia.com .
Here is a summary of some of the main findings of the measurement of the race for governor.
- If the elections were today, Delgado Altieri and Pierluisi would be locked in one of the closest gubernatorial races in recent years.
- The candidate of the Citizen Victory Movement (MVC) Alexandra Lúgaro is in the third position, although in the line of voters between 18 and 34 years old, she is the candidate who is best favored, which shows her penetration and popularity among younger voters.
- Pedro Pierluisi and Carlos Delgado Altieri have strong grassroots support from their respective parties, with more than 95% support.
- The most significant differences in the profile of voters registered to vote are observed by age group. At a younger age, the better favored are candidates like Lugaro or Juan Dalmau , candidate of the Puerto Rican Independence Party (PIP). The older the elector, the greater the support for Pierluisi and Delgado Alieri.
- César Vázquez , candidate for the Proyecto Dignidad party, is behind in the race, while the independent candidate, Eliezer Molina , barely enjoyed a recognition factor among those surveyed.
If you want to delve into the results of the Survey on the race for governor, in addition to reading and viewing all the stories, analysis and digital graphics of this and other editions of the long-awaited poll, we invite you to subscribe to elnuevodia.com by clicking on this link .